Being a single mom is hard. It’s physically hard, emotionally hard, and spiritually hard. We battle loneliness, insecurities, doubts, and fear, and we do so, for the most part, all on our own. Single moms need your help. Here are ten ways you can reach out to the precious women in your life who are raising their children in a way that God never intended: alone.
2. Handyman help/lawn care help/automotive repair help.
3. Mentor and love their children.
4. Give them gift cards to: grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, Target/Walmart, Amazon, pretty much anywhere.
5. Invite them and their kids to be a part of your life. Have them over for dinner. Take them along when you do a family outing.
6. Offer to take care of their kids to give them a break.
7. Financial mentoring.
8. Take them out for coffee or a lunch.
9. Surprise them with a gift like a mani/pedi or massage or drop off a home-cooked meal.
10. Simply check in to see how they’re doing and what they might need.
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction. -James 1:27a
Bonus: Buy them Moving on as a Christian Single Mom!